Thread: help.....
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #10
Chester
YT Addict

Hi, I'm sorry I was not able to respond earlier to this post. I have been tied up with work and family issues.

We have both a yorkie and a Malteese, we just brought the malteese home three weeks ago. We introduced them very slowly.
When we brought home chesley. Chester the yorkie was in his Pen. My husband was holding the maltese. Then we walked closer to the pen and Chelsey let out very high pitch sound... like who it that stay away... then Chester growled at her. Well then I took out chester... and held him to see chelsey... they were just looking at each other. I held one puppy and my husand held the other... and we went down stairs to watch tv... but we did let them interact... only chester was albe to walk around and snif but i did not let him get to close... that was one night... then I put them in different creates. Next day same thing... then let them walk around each other... yes they did play chelsey was niping...at chester because she did not know not to bite. We would yell at her and tap her hard on the nose and say no bite. Chester would run away... and then come back... but that was five to ten min at a time.. they get to play.... Now I don't know if this helps.. but chester loves my husband to death... that is who always plays with him.. so my husband was always holding chester... so he is not threatened....

Mind you after three days they get a long fine... they even have to sleep together or we don't get sleep. We are finally at three weeks able to keep then apart for sleeping.... i only do that be cause chesey missis the pee pad
for # 2. . If you have really had enough of the yorkies biting.. I deffinetly understand. When ever the yorkie is biting you have to let him know this is your home and it is not alowed. If you are willing to try to introduce them again... try what we did... It has to be done very slowly...
I whish you all the best.. and pry they get along...
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!