View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
Jaspermom
Yorkies Rock My World!

Smile SIMBA!! Love the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeliFlad
Simba is pretty much completely potty trained, he uses the pee pad occasionally but pretty much does all his "business" outside. We have hard wood floors throughout the house but have an alpeca fur rug (an no, no poor alpeca lamb had to die for this- they shave them, I checked ) in the living room. Strangely enough, he does have accidents on the rug, someone told me that he may confuse the rug with a large pee pad. Since the rug can't be washed, and I'd like for them to have the whole house to run through while we are gone, I was wondering if there was some kind of vibration device I could place on the rug that would keep Simba away or maybe anyone else has any suggestions....?

Thanks,
Anita
I rather doubt that short of a gate or playpen, you will ever keep your pup off the rug. And now that he has peed there once, I hate to tell you this, but chances are it will continue.

If you can clean the rug spots with an odor remover like Simple Solution, that may help. Also, your baby should have a belly band on him at all times in the house until he learns that peeing outside is the only place for him.

GOOD LUCK!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!