View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

I agree with MinMuf1. Confine her to a small area, but not in her crate, either with an xpen set up in the kitchen, or in the bathroom.

Do not allow her the run of the house.

How old is she?

Mine are 4 months and 6 months, and I still keep them confined to the kitchin during the day, and the laundry room at night. I allow them into the living room at night when I have time to supervise them. I will not allow them free run untill I see them leaving the living room to look for the pee pad.

Just because they are pee pad trained in one room does not mean they will be in another. You need to take it one room at a time. If you want her in the living room with you in the evening, keep her on your lap, or on a leash so she can't sneak off, and take her out every half hour.

You need lots of patience, this is not a quick proccess. Don't expect too much too soon, and don't get discouraged.

Read some of the other threads on here on potty training and you'll see we have all been through it.

Don't get discouraged, they all learn eventually but it does take some longer than it does others.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!