View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
patcowden
Yorkie Talker

Default A few Questions...

Hi All,
Well, Baxter is starting to act like a normal puppy again, lots of mischief! I think he must have been sick with the coccidia when we got him because he was way too calm! Anyway, I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone will help me with:

1. Sleeping- I had been letting him sleep with us for a couple of nights when he was ill, but after a few wet episodes have decided this might not be such a good idea while he is so young. I put him in the bathroom with his crate open, a water dish, pee pads and toys. He whined almost all night! Hubby moved to the other room! Do you think he will continue to do this much longer? I was thinking about putting him in his crate on a chair next to my bed and letting him out a couple of times during the night to pee. I really would like to crate train him. He seems so fragile right now. What has everyone here done? I want him to sleep with us eventually but don't want a wet bed!

2. Food - Right now his appetite is still not the best, my Vet said to give him Turkey or Chicken baby food & Hills prescription diet. He won't eat much of this. I found out he loves boiled lean chicken and very lean boiled ground beef. He will eat and eat this. I know it is probably not the best diet right now, but I need for him to eat. Will feeding him this on a short term hurt him? His teeth are so little he can't eat the kibbles yet. I was thinking about grinding up some (royal canin baby dog food) and mixing it with his chicken. What do you think? I figure any food is better than no food at this point. I am having to hand feed him, he doesn't want to eat out of his little bowl, Hope this improves!

3. He seems to hate the Nutrical. Any suggestions to getting him to eat it?
I think I scared him too much with it forcing it in his mouth when he was sick.

Thanks for all your help!
Pat
patcowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!