Thread: Cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
jank
Yorkie Talker

Default Cooper

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I am going to take Cooper to my regular vet today mainly to see what he says. I have been using this vet for 12 years that is why I trusted him to do the surgery. I had taken Cooper to an orthopedic surgeon and had the surgery scheduled but then my reg. vet called me and said he could do the surgery. We discussed what needed to be done and he assured me he could do it. After reading about it on the internet, I feel Cooper should be a whole lot better than he is after 2 1/2 months that is why I am so concerned. I have decided to take him again to an orthopedic surgeon that a friend used for her dachshund who had back surgery at 13 yrs old and now acts like a puppy. I wish now I had done that to begin with. I've had dogs my entire life and have never had this sort of problem. Luckily we can afford a 2nd surgery if it is needed although my husband isn't very happy about it. But Cooper is such a special little guy that I will do anything to make him better.

Also, and sorry this post is so long, I thought I bought Cooper from a reputable breeder in my area after doing research for breeders here. He has refused to help with any costs because I can't prove that this was not caused by an injury although my vet and the first surgeon said they are convinced it is a hereditary problem. Ever since I picked Cooper up from the breeder at 12 weeks of age it has been one problem after another. He did say at one point, that I could return Cooper and get my money back but he would then put him to sleep. I couldn't let that happen.

My other yorkie Annie, who I bought off the internet sight unseen except for pictures is perfect. She is 2 1/2 years old and is like a mountain goat on the furniture, weighs just 4 1/2 lbs and has never had any problems. So I guess you just never know.

Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted on how things go.
Jank
jank is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!