Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampsMom
My yorkie is almost 3 months old. He is so cute, but he has behavior problems. I wanted a dog that was playful with my kids and that we could love on, too. He doesn't want to be held much. When he doesn't want us to pick him up or anything else he isn't happy with, he lets us know it. He bites us and growls meanly. I am really worried about it. I tell him no bite and sometimes hold his mouth shut for about 5 seconds and tap his nose. The breeder I got him from said none of her dogs has acted this way. Did I get the only yorkie in the world that is mean. What if he doesn't grow out of this? My husband is getting very upset. I love Champ so much, I want to help him, but nothing I do seems to be working.
Yorkies that age don't usually want to be loved on very much. They want to play, play, play! Some don't like laps very much until they are around a year or so old. Others do. They just have to grow out of puppy-hood. Children should be taught not to place a puppy next to their face. Puppies bite. Buy the puppy bully sticks to chew on, so that his need for chewing will be met.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!