View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #9
GeorgiesMomma
I love TBCG!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom79
I was the same way - it took me 10 minutes to sign the stupid release form. Milo did great. He hates going to the vet now, but he survived. He was really lethargic for a little over a week, and didn't want to jump because of his stitches, so I would pick him up so he could be on the couch or bed. I was afraid that if I took away his "love juice" that he wouldn't be the same puppy, but after a couple weeks, he was back to his same trouble making tricks. Good luck and keep yourself distracted on the big day!

After the surgery, keep the stitches clean - no baths. Give him bland food like eggs or cottage cheese for a couple days, the anestesia (sp?) might cause nausea, this might help. Give him lots of love and don't encourage him to play too much. You'll do great, you sound like a good mom.
Thanks for the advice. I just worry so much he is only 3 1/2lbs and I have been waiting for him to get bigger to take him, but he is now 1 and it doesn't look like he is going to get any bigger. Oh I just love him he is my heart I hate do anything that makes him unhappy, but he has to get bathes and get snipped!

Read About Georgie's Experience with Atlantoaxial Instability (AAI) Here!
GeorgiesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!