Thread: Update on Megan
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
Paddys mum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Update on Megan

Hi! More news on our old lady having several babies!!! We went to see the
breeder who we had Paddy from and she has given us all sorts of advice. She said Megan should never be wormed when she is pregnant and not until 2 weeks after she has the pups. She says Meg is too thin at the moment and I should concentrate on getting her to eat fatty foods like duck,fish,chicken, rice,pasta,scrambled eggs and weetbix! So we went shopping last night and got a huge duck (which my dads cooking for me right now) and everything else she said! We also got her some Butchers tinned puppy food,tripe with chicken,beef and rabbit. She loves the tinned food (she ate a whole tin last night) she has tried scrambled egg but only ate a little bit! Anyway,Paddy met his sister from the same litter as him and they loved each other! They were rolling round on the sofa playing reallywell together,if you remember Paddy had a spurt of not liking other dogs much and barking like mad all the time and chasing them,well Ive never seen him play like this before,it was too cute! Unfortunatly we found out that Paddys mum died 1 week after she had another litter,gastro (I know Im gonna spell this wrong!!!) entritis??? She was more than happy to help us out and sat down working dates out with us. We worked out that our babies are due between the 18th and 25th July. We go on holiday camping on the 11th July to 21st July Guess what, she offered to look after Megan whilst we are away,she uses the same Vets as us and if anything happens of goes wrong she wont hesitate to get her to the vets asap! She also said that I can ring her day or night and she will come straight over (she lives about 15 minutes away). She also told us that you cant feel babies kicking until 6 weeks,is that right? Sorry for going on so long! I just wanted to put as much in as I can so if theres anything that doesnt sound right you can tell me! Ive got her cage all set up in our bedroom with a comfy bed and Meg sleeps in there now,we dont shut the door,she just goes there! Oh,whats the largest litter you guys know about, apparantly Paddy was one of 7!
Paddys mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!