View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
Kizzys Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Default OH MY, another question from me. geez do I ask too many?

I've never given Kizzy anything for anxiety. Sometimes I think she needs something but its only when we have company. She gets way too excited around other people especially when they first come in. She wants to jump on them and if they pick her up, i mean she tries to climb all way up their chest licking and of course her paws are scratching them and its like she just got the best treat of her life. I've never seen a dog get that excited. So I've ask my family not to pick her up until she calms down and they usually dont but thats just my close family that come a lot. Other people dont know not to pick her up and to ignore her. I really dont think she needs any medications since the rest of the time with us she is fine and doesnt do us like that except if we leave her alone for a little while then she doesnt get all THAT excited. But can anyone give me a tip to teach her not to get so excited like this. It is really embarrassing and its like I just dont say anything to her, she just ignores me and I have to take her away from people and then she is scratching and clawing me trying to get back to them. And her little tail and whole body is going crazy wriggling. That is really about the only problem I'm having with her now. She is going outside to potty real good now and I DO NOT let her jump on me like that and she dont even try. I just never seen such excitement in a puppy like that. I've wondered if I put her in her crate everytime she acts like this and leave her for a while and not let people play with her, just ignore her for a while if it might help her understand that is her timeout for being bad. Of course I wouldnt put her in her crate she sleeps in as I dont want her to think thats timeout for being bad and not want in at night. Because right now I have no problem with getting her to go night night and sleepin thru the night. any ideas from anybody?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!