Thread: So worried...
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 08:11 AM   #14
missPenny
& Riley-bear, too!
Donating Member

UPDATE: We went to the vet this morning.

Around 3 a.m. was rough. She was so uncomfortable, and she just wanted me to cuddle with her at the foot of the bed while she licked my arm nonstop. I know she was hurting.

This morning the bloating was better but still there so I called the vet and left a message. 9 a.m. she wants to go out and then she wants to EAT! Hadn't heard back from the vet yet so I called in. Her dr. wanted to examine and monitor her before she ate to make sure everything was ok.

Turns out it's probably another bout of her colitis but in another form. The bloating was all but gone (isn't that typical?!!) so he recommended going ahead with her prescription food and just monitoring her for now. Her gums gave indication of some nausea. He said the air licking can be from a nauseous stomach or even allergies (which she has). The nausea makes sense because one night I gave her a bit of food when she wouldn't stop air licking in case her tummy was upset, and it helped.

So, nothing really serious. Dr. said that gas in her colon and intestines like this can be very painful, though. Thankfully, she seems to be on the recovery!

Thank you all for the kind words last night. I was really stressed with the situation, and I appreciate everyone who offered advice and even just replied with well wishes.

Mommy to Penny and Riley.
missPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!