View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Unhappy Something is wrong with Penny's gums

Anyone ever experience any problems with thier dogs gums? My Boxer's gums look HORRIBLE. I saw that one of her toys had a little bit of blood on them so I looked at her gums and they are very swollen looking. They are almost blistered looking and are very puffy around her teeth. She doesnt act like they hurt at all but still I know it cant be good at all. I feel like such a horrible mother. I feel like I let them get this way. I dont brush her teeth because I tried it for a week and all she would do was lick the brush while I tried to brush her teeth and it just was not working and I gave up on it. I feed them hard food and I give them bully sticks and I give her occasional dental chews but I am too afraid to let her have too many dental chews becuase you never really know how safe they are (like wether or not they can digest them). But still I feel like I should have caught this earlier somehow by checking teeth and gums weekly or something. I am going to get her into the vet as soon as possible. Im hoping to get her there tommorrow. I am so nervous. I have no expereince or knowledge of gum diseases in dogs other than I just found out today when I was telling my parents about Penny, that my uncle's dog had died of gum disease at age 6 So I am really worried.

If anyone has any info at all about gum infections in dogs I would love hear it.

Please pray for Penny.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!