View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
darlingdinkies
Yorkie Yakker

Default My yorkie puppy's coat is so dry! What's up with that?!?!

I have a male yorkie, just over 5 months old. His coat seems very dry, not at all silky and shiny, and it seems to be growing very slowly. He gets plenty of water and I feed him NutroMax puppy food, so I don't think it's any sort of nutritional deficiency. I just spent a small fortune on a bunch of high-end puppy grooming products, specially formulated for hydrating dry coats. Unfortunately, even that made little to no difference.

I grew up with a yorkie as our family pet, and he had a silky coat. I don't remember what his puppy coat was like. I've also owned one other yorkie of my own, and he had a soft coat. But I remember his coat also seemed sort of dry as a puppy, but it grew fast and then became much less dry.

So what I'm wondering is this....is it common for a yorkie puppy's coat to be dry or is he going to have the wiry coat that I just read about in the thread about coats, posted at the start of this forum?

I'm so happy to have found this site - I have lots of questions! (But I'll post them in different threads!) )

Thanks!
Anna
darlingdinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!