View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
lolabella
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLu802
You can train dogs to use the litter box? wow...lol I forgot to mention we have cats too so maybe this would be a good idea. Another problem though....Molly likes to eat cat litter clumps and she drags it out of the litter box and on to the floor.... would we have to get a special litter box just for dogs? But if we did that wouldn't the cats use it too?
Well, litter box is just a container, so you can get a large plastic storage container and cut out the sides (make sure the sides don't remain sharp and hurt your pup). I think a cat litter box would be a bit too small for your dog. They sell litter boxes for dogs too. Your dog definitely needs her own box, and shouldn't share with the cats. It is also a good idea to use "yesterday's news," "feline pine" or other large sized (and more natural) litter because I don't think it is healthy for dogs to eat clumping cat litter. And trust me, she will taste it!! Also, if you use a different kind of litter, the cats probably won't go in it.
Mia used to show a lot of interest in our cat's litter box too, so we got a covered litter box for our cat and placed it in our small bathroom where Mia doesn't go.

Join today and remove this ad!