Thread: So worried...
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
missPenny
& Riley-bear, too!
Donating Member

Default So worried...

We came home this afternoon to find Penny not herself. We forgot to feed her 1st meal, and so we offered her food. No reaction. Food is one of the joys of Penny's life, and she could care less. Then I noticed she is extremely bloated. Her stomach is huge and so full. We took her outside where she did both. Then she drank just a bit when we came in. She's not herself and acting mopey.

I called my friend who's a vet tech for advice - we didn't want to take her to the emergency vet for gas but didn't want to overlook something awful. She suggested just watching her for now, not allowing her to eat and monitoring water intake. If she vomits or has diarrhea or gets to wear she doesn't want to move, then we need to take her in. If she's still having problems, her dr. will be in at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I'm just so worried! We've never had this problem, and we've scoured the house for anything she could have gotten into... and came up empty-handed. The only thing she even could have had access to was a glass of soda on the nightstand. She's never drank from our glasses, but technically she could have gotten to it. I really doubt it, though.

Anyway, just wondering if someone else has been through this. Just looking for some reassurance and comfort, I guess.

Mommy to Penny and Riley.
missPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!