Thread: floppy ears
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:15 AM   #3
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Another reason to wait is the pups immunity is still developing, don't want to expose it to new germs too early. Also, the new baby needs time to socialize with his littermates, to learn how to get along with others. 12 weeks is also the time that the feedings can cut back from 4 per day to 3, making caring for the little one a bit easier. He is also more amenable to potty training as he gets a bit older. This is from what I have read so take it with a grain of salt. My breeder said I could probably bring mine home at 8 weeks, but I would rather wait until 10-12 weeks. Being a new Yorkie mom, I need all the yelp I can get!

I can tell you that I brought my last kitten home at 8 weeks. His cat mommy had a fungal infection and he had to be isolated. He needed me more than he needed to stay with his cat mommy. He immediately developed a fungal skin infection himself and has had many allergies that we have contended with. The vet said it was because his immune system was not developed enough at 8 weeks and he should not have left his cat mommy so soon.
Gracie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!