View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #6
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkease
Jenn218,

How is your baby today? Doing well I hope. I wanted to tell you about a flea and tick spay that my vet gave me and I love it. It's Frontline Spay. It works so well that you can see fleas falling off immediately but it is safe enough to use on puppies and kittens 8 weeks of age and even the mother dog (as long as I didn't spay the belly that the pups fed from.) It's also water proof for 30 days. I haven't had any problems with it yet but maybe your vet can tell you more about it or other YT's that have used it too. I don't know what it cost from the vet. (our bills are usually lumped together) but I have a catalog from www.omahavaccine.com that sells it for $25.49 (250ml) I just wanted to share that with you and to check to see how Mojo is doing today.
Hi and thanks for your concerned. It is rather funny because it seemed that after I talked with the vet, Mojo started holding his tail normally again - as if he knew he may have to go in or something! He seems to be holding it normally most all the time now, although, I have seen it down a few times when I knew he wasn't sad, afraid, etc. I have never noticed him doing this before until a few days ago, so I really don't know what caused it or why. I will keep an eye on it and then I will take him in if it continues.

Thanks for the information! I will check it out.

There is a collar called Preventic (sp?) from the vet or vet store. It is about $13 and the same company makes another, just a different name - but from the same company that is only $6. They last for 3 months. My vet said that she uses this on her dogs during the summer months. I bought one for our outside dog and it seemed to work well. She seems to always get into ticks even with her Advantix! - Course, we live in the middle of no where, surrounded by thick woods and wildlife! I don't like the idea of collars on Mojo, so I didn't get one for him - plus, he isn't roaming around the "deer" woods like our outdoor dog does.

We currently use K9 Advantix from the vet because it repels and kills fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. We tried Frontline when we first got him, but we were concerned with mosquitoes too and Frontline doesn't cover that. We still found a few ticks (every now and then) - I check as soon as he comes in, every time he has been out, I HATE them! - but ticks seem to be so bad this year here.

He has never had fleas until I found the two this past weekend. I am sure those were picked up from being around so many other dogs!!! I did the flea comb and gave him a bath, then a few days later, it was his time for Advantix drop, so I think that (hopefully) took care of any that might have been missed.
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!