View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

This is exactly what I had to deal with when I first got TJ. He was 4 months old and the SAME EXACT symptoms. I was at the Vet every other day, with TJ or with poop samples. They never found anything in his poop. He was on Flagyl a handful of times (did nothing). He did another round of de-worming, just in case. Finally we had to change to a restricted diet. I selected IVD - Duck and Potato - wet and dry and that's it, for approx. 4 months. It seemed to make it better but did not stop it completely. Then we finally did blood work, the result came back fine except some levels (of I don't recall what) were VERY high and what could be interpreted from those high levels, were that TJ had a very high level of bacterial overgrowth somewhere in his small intestines and this was a form of IBD. We kept him on the strict diet, but we also started giving him a tiny bit of Tylan Powder everyday. That was the trick. Slowly but surely, NO MORE EPISODES. TJ has been good since November. He now eats Merrick wet and dry (chicken based). I give healthy snacks and treats (he loves romaine lettuce and raw green beans, Merrick bully sticks and beef taffy and chicken jerky), I use Zukes for potty training treats. I have still TJ on the Tylan powder, but we have been able to bring it down to every 5th day. The Vet says this is great and hopefully we can one day take him off, but also, that I must be prepared that he could flair up again and that could mean Tylan everyday again. But for now he is a happy little piggy, FREE from those nasty, painful episodes.

Please PM me if you want to talk further, I am always here. I know how scary it can be, I was on pins and needles everyday with TJ for a long time, but what a difference the Tylan Powder has made for my little TJ. NIGHT and DAY difference!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!