View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #9
Zeus' Mom
Enja's Mom too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry
I am sorry to hear your little guy isn't feeling well. It's so hard...they can't tell us where it hurts or if they are feeling better. I am not a vet but, do you feed him human food? I have a friend that has a very small mixed breed and she only feed human food. (Actually she feeds him from her plate) Her little guy ended up with pancreatitis and her vet told her to stop the table food. Well, she has been feeding him like this since she got him and he is 7 yrs old now....I don't think she is going to be able to change (MO). My Mom rescued a Mini Schnauzer and she has had pancreatitis 3 times....Her vet (who is also my vet) told her the same thing...she is now on SD.

Hope this was some help to you..

Good luck to little Zeus ----and you!
Hi Brenda! No, this is the frustrating part, from day one, he has only gotten dog food. I have been such an overprotective mommy right from the start, and have tried to do everything by the book, so we really have no idea why this happened. He first started showing signs about a year ago, after having peanut butter dog treats. From that day on, he was never given any treats, only prescription dog food and it got better for awhile. We have been battling this since then and trying different diets and nothing has seemed to work. I am determined to beat this and I know my little guy is strong enough to do it!! Thanks again to all for the support and advice!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!