View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #8
lv2ridequads
Yorkie Yakker

I agree with Connie and yorkiesforever. I also found out the hard way. A week after we got my puppy Toby he went hypoglycemic. I was freaking out and rushed him to the emergency vet. they kept him over night to monitor him. They said everything was fine and he could go home. They told us to make sure he was eating really good and to give him nutrical a couple of times a day and we did. 3 days later it happened again. I was also one of those people that woke up and thought I had a dead dog in his creat. We rushed him back to the vet and they did all sorts of tests on him. They told me he had Coccidia and gave me some meds for it. Well its been a week and a half and he is wanting to eat all the time and he has gotten really hyper and we dont have to give him the nutrical anymore. When we got him he weighed 1 lb 4 oz at 10 weeks old. at 11 1/2 weeks old he weighed 1 lb even. and now at 13 weeks he weighs 1 lb 6 oz. So he is a very tiny one also. But i love him and wouldnt trade him for anything. Good luck with Gizmo he sounds like such a good boy.
lv2ridequads is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!