View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #11
dray
Donating YT Addict

First of all I will tell you that I own a grooming shop in Salem Oregon and I have also worked for Petco grooming for two years. Petco or Petsmart both corporations that care about the bottom dollar. Both will hire groomers with out experience , they will even send you through a quick training and then call you a groomer. This is and can be a very scary thing that can and does amount to several deaths from unexperienced people. Dogs falling off the tables, being left in the tub with out supervision twisting and chocking them selves, being injured and being cooked to death in a hot dryer. And one of the worst things is being mistreated. I will not tell you my experience but I can tell you I left there because of what I saw, and the corporation would not fix it. I am not saying that there are not good groomers working for a corporation because sometimes there are, but most of the time if you are good , you find a nicer place to work. When I train someone at my shop I send them to watch in the windows at either Pet Smart or Petco I want them to compare the quality of our shops grooming and how the animals are treated to what they they see through the window. Now I am only talking about the shops in my town I am not speaking for all of them and I hope there are some good ones out there. Never assume your pet is safe when you leave him at a new place stay and watch if you have to. Our beautiful babies are not always safe.....

Debbie Ray
www.sumtoiyorkies.com
owner of Best Friends Pet Salon
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!