View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
mylittletigger
YT 1000 Club Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMichelle
Here are MY experiences with PetSmart groomers. Not only have they ruined both of my dogs hair, but are very un-profesional. Here is my last venture to have grooming done there. On the day of my appointment I rushed home (from work @ 5:30, no less) to get Melvin, load him up, and get him there on time. I made it to my appointment just in time. When arriving, the two groomers, that were all of about 17 or 18, looked at me half crazy. I informed them I was here for Melvin Matthews' 6pm, they said he was already done! Imagine that! I told them it wasn't possible, as he hadn't been groomed. Thats when things got funny. She tells me that she's really sorry, but the groomer that was supposed to groom my dog was bitten by a cat and had to be rushed to the hospital. Grrrrreat. So, I could make an appointment for another day. I just stood there heated, I asked why they didn't bother to call and tell me of the cancellation, because it would have saved 45 minutes of wasted time. Then the other girl says "Oh it was a really bad dog bite" AH HA! I thought it was a cat! I left, and told them it was bad buisness to deal with customers that way, vowing to never go back. Well I was still mad in the morning so I called up to speak with a manager. I didn't believe that she had been bit, it seemed more like a poor plan to leave early, for two girls wanting to skip work. She informed me the groomer had been bit by a cat, did go to the hospital and was sorry for the mix-up. I ended up getting a free groom out of it, but that is the last time I will go back. I have never had good luck with them, even when I bring pictures of what I want done. AND I can get a better job done. if I wait a week to get into my normal goomer and save $16!

I would find a normal groomer, rather than take it to a corporate chain. I think PetSmart bases their prices on, not quality, but the fact that they keep hours like no other groomer, and availability. I will wait to see a groomer as long as it takes, as long as I get my money's worth.

WHEW! That was a long one! Sorry guys! I feel that kind of thing should be known.

I think her being Bitten by a dog or whatever is a PERFECT reason to leave. Let me ask you this.. If you were bitten would you stay there and bleed all over an animal and possibly get infected or would you have brains enough to go to the hospital. It's not fair to call the groomer a liar and say she probably just wanted to leave early. They get paid by commission, my friend. If she did that she wouldn't make anything. and I know for a fact that Petsmarts groomers do not make that much.

I Love my groomer and YES I do take him to Petsmart. I have since he was a pup. My groomer does a wonderful job!!! You have to be VERY specific on what you want done. Why not make a detailed list or take in pictures of what you'd like done. My groomer will actually let you in and help hold your pet if it's being a little out of control and won't stop moving.

It's not fair to say that EVERY petsmart groomer does a bad job. You just haven't found the right one and maybe Petsmart isn't for you. You can't be vague on what you want done to your pet regardless of where you take him. YOu MUST be specific. sorry.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!