View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 02:26 PM   #15
Kizzys Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
Silk coats can not always take alot of oil based products...try a water based conditioner/rinse like Coat Handlers etc......a cotton coat can drink pure oil and not get stringy. Some Yorkies with short hair do not even need a conditioner to maintain healthy coats..but once it is long, they need a light,water based one...also, a clarifying shampoo is good to rid the silk coat of build-up..that can make it look bad.
thank you YorkieRose. You have always said you thought Kizzy was silky coat. Its not that I dont believe you, its just that I know everyone is guessing. LOL. Kizzys coat isnt a thin one like I couldnt tell it if it was thinned out. I would know in a heart beat. But her hair isnt thin and stringy either. I use pet silks tropical forest shampoo and conditioner but i'm thinking about going back to what I used when she was so little. Her hair did seem to have more shine to it then to me. It isnt an expensive shampoo and its tearless. It is called mx PetVantage. it has lavender and chamomile extract in it, its essentials botanical. It looks lavender with white streaks in it and it smells really good and it looks like a creamy shampoo. I got it at Pet Depot. It is made by hartz which I dont normally prefer any of their products i've tried with other dogs i've had but I do like this shampoo. thanks again for you input.

Last edited by Kizzys Mom; 06-29-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Kizzys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!