View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
Chelsey
My2Pearls Chelsey & Chanel
YT Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poo
My Pancake is almost 6 months and she got a rabbies shot about a month ago. About 2 weeks later we noticed a fairly large lump on her side (I'm not sure if it was in the same place where she had gotten her shot). The lump was about the size of a small grape, it was soft and was able to move around a bit and it didn't bother Pancake when we touched it. We took her to the vet the next day and they said that it was from the shot and they see it a lot. Oddly enough, about 2 days later it shrunk to pea size. I'm not sure if the lump was there for a couple weeks and we just didn't notice it, or if it was more of a delayed reaction to the shot. I do know that the lump is still there and it is a little smaller than a pea. The vet says it should completely go away with time. I hope this makes you feel better, I was very worried for Pancake before taking her to the vet.

Your discription is exactly what Chanel's lump feels like. I called my vet and he told me that it's most probably a reaction to the rabies shot and not to worry, it will go away within a few weeks and to keep an eye on it. It does not bother her at all, but i will watch her closely.

Thanks all for your replies, you all helped me a LOT!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!