View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Thanks for responding.

I have called the vet and we went over everything. Said to bring him in if I felt I really needed to, but to just watch him and pay attention to any new strange actions.

Vet didn't think it would be worms because he takes a pill once a month, which takes care of all of them but tapeworms. Tapeworms are caused by fleas, but we would notice them in his poo (more than likely).

He doesn't stand or tilt his head weird or act like he is hurt in anyway - not his tail, ears, tummy, back, lets, etc. He acts normal besides his tail hanging down and sometimes to the side. He eats normal and his poo is normal - which he doesn't seem constipated - goes with not problem - poo isn't hard, but isn't soft - it is in between but more toward the hard side - if that makes sense.

His anal glands to not appear swelled, but he is going to the groomers next week and she always expresses them. He just went last month, so I am sure she had checked them then too.

I know I have gotten a few ticks off him in the last month (boy, they are BAD here). He is on K9 Advantix and it seems to work alright. (Haven't found anything that I have been thoroughly happy with). I believe I looked up Lyme Disease online and in my first aid book and do not recall anything that pointed to they way he is doing his tail. I'm a freak when it comes to fleas and ticks - HATE THEM!!!!

I haven't had a chance to look on line again and some of the new websites I found, but I will again in a minute.

Quote:
My little boy Sonny, will sometimes drag his butt across the floor, then sniff his tail and then jump up and run like his tail is on fire then stop suddenly to check his butt again. He has no worms and he's not constipated so our yorkie seems to have us stumped on why he does that.
That is funny (in a way) - I can see him doing that! I wonder what they are doing? Our little ones are so strange sometimes! Course, I wouldn't have it anyother way!!!!

Thanks again!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!