View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

I feel your pain in trying to find a good groomer- I've been through three and have given up and started grooming myself. I really wouldn't recommend Petsmart for grooming. In my area at least, they use box dryers which forces hot air while they are in a box to dry them. This is faster and easier than hand drying but does not give nearly as good results. Most alarming to me is we had three dogs last year alone die in them because they were forgotten and basically cooked. I'm not saying that was at Petsmart because I don't know. I asked a groomer in the area and she just said "no comment". I do know that a lot of them are not too particular about experience. My mom has a grooming business in NC and she hired a groomer from Petsmart who worked as an assistant while training at my mom's shop for a year before he was skilled enough to be on his own. He said the Petsmart he worked at sent staff that had no grooming experience to 1 day grooming seminars and then set them loose as groomers. I hope I'm not stirring anything up with this post and I wish you the best of luck!
Nikki+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!