View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Unhappy Holding Tail Down & Off to Side

Hi all! I had a question and I thought I would check here before heading to the vet.

Mojo has been holding his tail down and off to one side (or the other) on and off for a few days now. He is going to the bathroom normally - nothing looks to be in his poo (thought maybe worms might be causing this). He doesn't hold his tail like this all the time, just every now and then and doesn't seemed to be bothered by it. Sometimes while he is oustide playing, he will stop and just sit for awhile. I have checked out his tail and butt area and didn't find anything (tick, sore, swelling, etc). Sometimes, he doesn't want me to mess with his tail and sometimes it will shake for awhile and sometimes it does this after I mess with it. It seems to be happy (nothing causing him to worry or by afraid or anything like that).

Any ideas what might be causing this?

We did take him on a weekend trip with us, where we visited several parks, festivals, etc with other dogs. He did pick up two fleas (I check him for fleas/ticks/etc all the time - he is on K9 Advantix too). I was just wondering if he could have picked up something else?

He hasn't eaten anything that he shouldn't have (that I know of - do keep him in constant eye sight) and he has been eating normally. Haven't changed his diet or snacks.

We had the house bug sprayed while we were away - everything was cleaned, washed and mopped before he came in though and windows were left open for several days. (We have sprayed before - we do about 4x a year - and he has never done this, so don't think that is the cause). We don't have spiders or anything (that we know of), but we spray to make sure we don't. - Okay, I'm a freak when it comes to bugs in the house!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!