View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 05:38 AM   #10
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Thanks Erin. I agree with you about the growling, I guess our challenge is to figure out how to make him understand that there is no threat from my husband. It's funny because our first yorkie, Gracie was a Valentines present to me and she ended up so in love with my husband that she prefers him over everybody. It used to hurt my feelings because I tried so hard with her but she is just a one person dog and picked him to be her person. A quick no and putting Sugar down for a minute followed by praise seems to be working. Also started the clicker training and it went well so I am very hopeful now. He really is a great dog, he just need some training which he has never received.

Caren, I bet you're off for the Bahamas! I'm jealous! I did the puppy classes at Petsmart when Gracie was a puppy and they did really good covering the basics but I'm not sure if we would be in the same class with Sugar being older. I did talk to an in home trainer and I was pretty impressed with her. It would be a lot more expensive than group classes and I don't know if Murphy needs that level of training but if your interested I can give you her information. She also has a website. Enjoy your vacation and drink a fruity rum drink for me!
Nikki+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!