Thread: Angel's Stool
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #15
DJ30
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82
at the vets office, the tiny bit of poop is placed in fecasol which is a special poop solution, mixed around, and then a cover slip placed over the top, and left for about 10 minutes so whatever is in there can rise and sttach itself to the glass cover slip. After 10 minutes the cover slip is placed on a slide and put under the microscope. The entire slide is scanned for worm eggs, specifically coccidia, rounds, hooks, whips, and ummmm.....some others LOL i can't remember. The vet can also do a direct scan of the poop by placing a minute dot of poop on a slide and directly looks at it under the microscope without floating it first. this is the way to find giarddia and possible some of the same eggs in a direct.
Thanks for the explanation. I've never talked about poo so much in my life before! haha

Well, Angel's poo looked better when she went this evening. I haven't seen any mucous in it since this morning. I hope it will continue to improve and not cycle b/w looking better and getting watery again. BTW, what does normal dog poo look like? haha
DJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!