Thread: Angel's Stool
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
DJ30
YT Addict

I gave her a tablespoon of rice with her kibble as per the breeder's suggestion to help flush out her system, and she only ate the rice. I'm leaving the kibble out overnight. I'm going to wait a few days and see how it goes. The breeder said he wasn't concerned about the blood but maybe the mucous; however, he said he sees it all the time at his house due to teething because they have so many dogs. He also said the other things I mentioned above can cause it.

I gave Angel a tablet of Sentinel on June 12, and then treated her w/ Panacur starting on June 15 for 5 days as I didn't find out until June 14 that she had giardia. The first day I gave her 2 doses because that's what the bottle said, but I was told by the breeder to double check that with the vet. It turned out the vet's office made a mistake, and from then on I gave it to her once a day, which is the correct amount. He said the effects of the meds could have also affected her system. If there's no change by Mon., I'm going to take a stool sample to the vet's office on Tue. as Mon. is Canada Day.

What is normally tested for from a stool sample in a vet's office and an outside lab? I didn't ask what the outside lab tests for that the vet's office can't do, and I don't know what the vet's office can do. The receptionist just said the outside lab can "test for more things."
DJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!