View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK
Ceasar Milan would say, that if they are trying to protect you, it is because they do not see you as a strong assertive person and they are trying to fill that void.

In the natural order of the dog world, there is one clear leader, strong and assertive, all others in the pack are submissive. If there is a lack of leadership, then one or more of the others will try to take over.

The only time the rest of the pack should bark or growl at anyone is when the leader is clearly alarmed, and they can tell that by the smell of adreniline, not by they word Ouch.
I have read that before here and I was wondering if that might be the case. I know his little world has been turned upside down and I am the only familiar thing to him right now. I have been reading about appropriate "pack" behavior and am incorporating a few things such as entering the house before him and letting him see me eat a little something before he gets his dinner. I think he's just really dependent on me right now. As he's becoming more comfortable in our home, it seems the aggressive behavior is getting better. Also, thankfully he has always been great with my 11 yr. old daughter.
Nikki+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!