View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #13
jmetts
YT Addict

Jeanie K, I appreciate your comment about living in the country. Although I understand where you are coming from, Erin. I was the one who posted the thread about my dog lifting his leg on the pee pad and peeing on the wall. I don't live in the country, exactly, but my property backs to federal forest which is full of owls, hawks, buzzards, snakes, & you name it. A girlfriend of mine, who lives nearby, called me recently in a panic because a flyer was put in all the mailboxes in her community advising that a small maltese was picked up by a hawk as her human mother sat right there on the porch. This is the second such story that I've heard in my county. Also, I have a girlfriend who used to have a yorki-poo, until it was stolen from her yard. Everyone knows how loveable & easy to steal this babies are.

I do think that it is a personal choice. I would just rather find a cure to leg lifting on a pee pad, than to have my dog taken from me whether by critter or another person. And yes, I am a worry wort & overprotective.

Also, as far as traveling..... I carry a pee pad with me. Since Snickers doesn't understand 'going outside', I just lay out the pad & say his command ('hurry'). I've done this with him on a leash in a parking lot while shopping & in the vet's bathroom just to name a few places. Those command words work like a charm. Snickers has not yet confused my bathroom rugs with his pee pads....Let's keep hoping he doesn't!
jmetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!