View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #4
ARCHIE
No Longer A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchutchuca
I know this is quite the subject, but I'm concerned. My puppy is now 6 months old, and is 3.3lbs. Approximetaly once a week her tummy will make extremely loud sounds, and she won't eat until she goes pooh. This will take all day, and she is never herself. Once she goes, her stool is pretty much a glob of mucous. I contacted the breeder who is certain that she has a parasite. I took her to the vet and they say she's fine and they found nothing in her stool - it was negative on parasites. Has anybody experienced this, and if so what happened? I feed her dog food only. She's been like this since I brought her home 2 months ago. She didn't like the food the breeder gave us (Canine Yorshire) so we switched to Purina Beneful which she loves. We also feed her Caesar's moist food in the morning and at night - she loves this too. For puppy class we'll bring Roll Over (food), it works like magic on the tricks. We've kept her on a timely routine. She's a very happy healthy puppy otherwise. HELP! Is my baby okay?!?!?!?!
Not all parasites show up in stools. I learned this early this year. I don't know
where Buddy picked up the parasite but he had one. Loose stools for 2months
my vet said it was the food. After cooking chicken and rice and trying several
different foods encluding sensitive stomach I went to another vet for a second
opinion. Nothing in the stools but vet said could be a male parasite, they do
not lay eggs therefore do not show up in stools. He wormed him and wallah,
better in 48 hrs. He gained back the two lbs he lost and I stuck with the new vet. No problem ever since that was 6 months ago. Good luck
ARCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!