Thread: Angel's Stool
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 05:37 AM   #1
DJ30
YT Addict

Default Angel's Stool

Since Angel no longer has giardia, I'm starting a new thread. Earlier last week, her stool was still soft and a little watery. I saw creamy mucousy stuff in some of it from June 22-24. I hadn't seen it in her stool since until this morning. Do you know what this is? There were two drops of blood in it as well. The breeder said that there could be blood from her swallowing her teeth. She said if it's bright red, which is what it looked like, it's normal, but if it's dark brown, I should take her to the vet. Her stool is sometimes firmer but still soft with a few drops of watery stool at the end; it is softer and watery at other times. I don't know if this is normal or not since her stool results came back negative for giardia.

The breeder said that the cause of her soft stool could be due to stress, adjusting to her new home and the meds (she was treated w/ Panacur for giardia), which are hard on their little bodies, as well as swallowing her teeth, which can upset her stomach and bowels. She said the kibble I'm feeding her should help firm it up, so I've been wetting her dry food as she's teething and stopped giving her some rice and soft dog food with her kibble. I do give her pineapple now and then to prevent her from eating her own stool. Is the information I've been told accurate? Any insight/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
DJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!