View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #10
doggieluv2
Yorkie Yakker

I really appreciate your comments. Your feelings about the pee pads are issues that I have feared like peeing on my rugs and not being able to take her to other people's houses without fearing her peeing on rugs or carpet. I have done a lot of reading and most of the authors have the same view point as you--the house is off limits for peeing and pooping. This makes sense. Like I said earlier, it is just frustrating when they just don't seem to be getting that concept. I have tried everything I can think of. I can't tell you how many times I've thought---Oh I give up, she is never going to get this!! She is 7 months old now and I know, I've been told not to expect much until they are about a year.

Can I ask your opinion on the crate size? I have tried 2 different crates with her. One of them is a very small crate--big enough for her to turn around and lay down and stretch out a bit. The other crate is probably twice that size-room to move around a bit. When I used the smaller crate she stunk all the time because she would end up laying in the pee and stepping on the poop. I felt like this was cruel when she couldn't hold it while I was gone so I started using a bigger crate. This crate she can at least not have to lay in it although I know the purpose of the crate is to have it small and keep her from going in it. I guess it boils down to the fact that she isn't able to hold it for me all afternoon. ( I will try to tire her out a little more at lunch like you mentioned in your other post). Soooo, which crate or where should I put her when I'm at work-the big or the little? or should I use an exercise pen? With or without a pad? I just wish I could take her with. There are no doggie daycares here.
Thanks so much in advance. I have really wanted someone's opinion that just outside trains their pups.
doggieluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!