View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 04:24 AM   #14
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzismom
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Our vet called today with Zuzi's results on her blood tests.

Her bilirubin is mildly elevated. This indicates there is a possible problem with her gallbladder and/or liver. I will be taking her back in for a follow up blood test in about 4-6 weeks to see if this is a real problem or a temporary one.

Her blood sugar levels are all normal so she doesn't have diabetes which I'm relieved to know. I guess my little girl is getting old and her body is starting to break down. I can't help but worry about her now that I know she has a heart murmur, some kind of growth in one of her anal glands and now the abnormal bilirubin.

From the outside, she is still the same old happy dog, so as long as her quality of life is good we are happy. Right now she's happily knawing on a huge beef knuckle so she's happy as a pig in mud.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to have the support of this forum.

Shelley
glad to hear that only her BUN was only slightly elevated and nothing else was amis. Hopefully its just a false alarm adn the next blood test will show it to be normal. The heart murmur shouldn't be anything to worry about too much, unless you need to put her under anesthesia for any reason. And i have no idea what to tell you about her anal gland. maybe they can take it out if it starts causing a problem. i've assisted in this weird surgery and the dog (who was much younger) came out a-ok and is doing wonderful now. Good luck with ZuZi!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!