View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 11:37 PM   #1
Peanut's Mum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry Food stuck in his throat??

Hi All, I'm new to the board. Last night my 3 month yorkie, Peanut, took off with a piece of chicken (about the size of a 50 cent piece) that had fallen off of the dinner table. I tried running after him but he was too fast for me... Like he does with some of his dog food, he must have just swallowed it whole instead of chewing it up into little pieces because he was so happy to have gotten a huge chunk of chicken.
Anyways, immediately after swallowing, he starts hacking/coughing, almost like he's choking. But after like 15 seconds (which seemed like hours to me) he stopped and i thought that all was well. But the next day, all the way til 6 pm, not once did he 'poo' outside. I was worried that he didnt digest it very well. But after he went at 6, i felt safe again. But then I noticed that towards his throat he was making some odd noises. He also threw up twice at around 8 pm. Just a small amount of white stuff. At like 10 pm tonight, for about another 15 seconds he was having a bit of a hard time breathing, it scared me so bad.
The thing is, he's been acting normal throughout the day, in terms of his energy, eating, sleeping, drinking, playing. Does anyone have any experience with their yorkie swallowing something too big?? He's snorting a lot, which is very unusual to him. Also he blows out a lot of air from his nostrils. I am going to bring him to his vet tomorrow in the late afternoon, but really would like some feedback please! Does anyone know how fast food can digest/disintegrate? Please help, thanks!!!!

Peggy aka, Peanut's Mum
Peanut's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!