View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #9
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Just look at some of the other posts just from today. One person said their dog is peeing on their wall by lifting his leg near the pee pad. Another said something like - my dog is pee pad trained although he prefers my couch leg. I mean, come on. Loki has an accident like twice in the last 6 months. He had one a few weeks ago because he came downstairs in the middle of the night and rang his bell and no one let him out. (I must not have heard him or thought I was dreaming. Normally I hear the bells, they are loud! Or he jumps on me and then runs downstairs.) I'll take pee on the tile by the door once every few months to cleaning up a pee pad (or the carpet) every day because my dog thinks it's OK to pee in the house.
Maybe you are a very lucky person and got a yorkie that was easy to train, does not mind going out in the cold and the rain and you have time to go home at noon to let it outside. Maybe you don't live in the country where wild critters and birds of prey roam at night lurking in the dark to eat your little guys.

Maybe other people live in apartments and taking them out means a ride down the elevator and a 5 block walk to a park in the middle of the night in the cold and rain.

I have trained mine to do both so when I leave home I do not have to come back and clean up a mess. They also go outside, in fact they seem to prefer to go outside, but they have not started asking to go out yet. And maybe eventually when I can afford a doggie door, I will eliminate the pee pad box.

When one asks for advice they do not want to be critiqued. They just want to learn the pros and cons so they can make their own decision to suit their individual life style.

Congratulations on having the best trained dog on YT. But don't too be shocked when one day you see him lift his leg on the corner of your sofa.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!