View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
doggieluv2
Yorkie Yakker

In my situation I want a little dog like a yorkie and one that is easier for people with allergies (like myself) which the yorkie seems to be. It seems the downfall is that they can't hold it for as long as a larger dog like you mentioned--a lab. So, how do we that have to work outside the home, have a little dog like a yorkie and effectively potty train them? a pee pad??

I would much rather have my yorkie trained just for outside. I come home at lunch to let her out of her crate. She has usually made it this long without going in the crate. I do not feed her while I'm home during the lunch hour, but when I get home at 5 she has usually pooped and peed in the crate. It is tiring to have to give baths constantly as she steps in the pee and poop. In my opinion this is why people try pee pads. ( although I haven't had real good luck with these either, as she wants to chew, rip and play with them) . What a challenge. I had a lab once that I had to find a new home for because I was so allergic to her, but she was soooo much easier to train. It seemed like she just trained herself.
doggieluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!