Thread: newby with a ?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Louiebug
YT 500 Club Member

Question newby with a ?

HI everyone, I was really happy to find this forum and have learned so much from reading old posts, but I haven't come across anything quite like my Louie. He is 6 months old and about 2.5-3lbs. I have only had him for 1 month, but I am worried about his behavior. He was given to me by a guy who couldn't/didn't want to take care of him anymore.(why, sure beats the heck out of me) I don't know much about his owner becuase the "adoption" was set up by a friend of mine. All I know is that the kennel he gave me with Louie was filthy from urine and feces and he had no toys. Needless to say, now he is spoiled rotten, and I am definitely hooked and Yorkies now! The thing that bothers me is that when I or anyone else tries to pet him he cowers and turns on his side, a lot of the time he will just roll over onto his back. I have and would never hit an animal, but could it be that his previous owner did? Is it just that he is small and intimidated? I don't want him to be scared when I or anyone else just want to love on him and give him some attention. I would really appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!
-Louie and Amanda
Louiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!