Thread: My Zeus is gone
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
maggiehussey
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unlove My Zeus is gone

Did I do the right thing? Zeus (8 year old Yorkie 6.2 lbs) had a cancer removed one year ago. He had another Mast Cell removed a month ago. I had decided no chemotherapy, but when I returned to have his stitched out I was guilted into chemo by both the surgeon and the oncologist. The oncologist prescribed 10 mg of prednisone per day and a cancer medicine called luckeran every three days. twenty days later we euthenized him on 6/20/06 because his pancreatitis could not be cleared by my vet. I feel that for those twenty days I poisoned my beloved dog. Zeus spent the last four days of his life in the hospital (my local hospital, not where he had the surgery) my vet was questioning the 10 mg of pred per day and she contacted an uninterested oncologist to find that this oncologist IF she were to use 10 mgs per day it would be split am and pm. Heartbroken we visited a local breeder and bought a little boy, who has a pretty bad overbite. no papers on this pup and I spent 800. The breeder called me today and offered me another little girl. Should I take her? How are sibblings together? I would never breed them of course. I have never had such mixed emotions. I have never written before, but I am glad you all are out there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!