Thread: Constipated
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 05:16 AM   #1
luvmyorkie
Yorkie Yakker

Love Constipated

Ok, let me try this again, I lost my message the first time

Got a yorkie-poo this past weekend, she's 2.5 months old. she's more poo than yorkie; but i luv her anyway I've used Science Diet in the past with my other Yorkies, so the breeder was kind enough to start her out on that as well. I got her Sunday and I noticed yesterday that she's constipated and miserable. She'll strain and strain, but no action. Then I had to end up giving her a bath last night cause the lil that she did manage to squeeze out, got stuck in her back side (rolling eyes).

I went to the store yesterday and bought a couple of cans of Lil Caesar because I'd heard that if you mix hard with soft, that will cut down on the constipation... well, she LOVED the food, but threw it up about an hour later.

I also gave her a little bit of Karo Syrup because I'd also heard that helps with it.

She did end up having a little relief late last night, but she's still miserable. She has her doctor's appointment this afternoon; but, I thought I'd ask my "soothsayers first"

thanks all

P.S. Just wanted to give a shout out to Cindy - she's awesome. I bought my collar and harness from her. Very sweet lady
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!