View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 04:25 AM   #1
Gabi & Gina
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 049 Gabi's losing her hair HELP!!

I'm very worried about my precious baby who is losing her hair. Her coat has just reached below her knees (she's 15 months old), but now she is thinning between her shoulder blades, on both sides of her spine. I have no problem in taking her to the vet, but I'm sure he thinks I'm just a neurotic mom, as I seem to live at his surgery.

When I look at the patches, there is no sign of any red, itchy, oozing, broken skin, etc but she scratches all the time in this area. She has absolutely no flees, and is bathed once a week, and groomed twice a day.

I'm not sure if her hair is falling out, or if she is breaking it with her nails when scratching, as the patch is not totally balled, but has about 1cm of hair (seems to have maybe broken off)

Is this maybe a diet problem. I have been feeding her Husky (Alpo) tinned food, together with her kibble, but my breeder has suggested that I stop, and only keep her on the dry Royal Canin "Yorkie" specific range, with the added Omega oils

Does anyone have any advise for me as to what the casue could be, or what to do about it.
Gabi & Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!