View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
TeddyBear
Hey Cutie!
Donating Member

Cry My new Shylah is staying at the vet's house overnight

My husband, daughter and I were on vacation up in the mountains. We were supposed to stay for 3 nights. My husband was playing in a lacrosse tournament in Vail. We had brought Starsky, but I had a friend who is experienced raising yorkies watch Shylah. It is to cold in the mountains for her. Well we only stayed 1 night and 2 days. The mosquitos were awful and it was cold! I was worried about Starsky getting too cold and the mosquitos getting him. We then canceled the 3rd night and said lets just stay tonight and go home tomorrow. Then I get a call from my friend that Shylah is at the vet in pain! She had no fever, her heart rate was normal. The vet couldn't figure it out. She hadn't had a BM since last night so she must be constipated with and upset tummy. She had been fine all day that day. She was put on some antibiotics on Friday for a skin irritation she has had. The vet thinks that my have caused this upset tummy. So the vet couldn't leave her over night at the clinic, so she took her home with her. We then decided we would go home tonight so we could be here when and if the vet calls. My husband will just drive back up for his final game. (The vet thinks that she is having stomach cramps before she is going to have diarrhea.) The vet said it wasn't an emergency as of yet, things were under control so far. I am just sick to my stomach about all this. I wish she didn't have the skin issues in the first place. When I got her from the breeder last Wednesday she had little bumps on her lower back. I took her to the vet and she said it was an allergic reaction to hay or cedar, something she was kenneled with, and put her on these meds. The breeder can't think of anything she could have been allergic to, she didn't use either cedar or hay to kennel her. She said she used pads in a playpen and if she did use the metal pen, it was sanatized daily. I am wondering what she sanatized the pen with and if Shylah got some on her. Oh I am so worried about her. Please keep her in your prayers. I'll let you know more tomorrow.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!