View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #13
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

It's vital that you take your yorkie to the vet. That happened to my yorkie about 6 months ago and I took him in. They did a urinalysis and a urine culture and found that it wasn't a UTI but they found a couple of stones in his urine. The vet played it off as if it was nothing. I wanted to know what was causing this since it wasn't a UTI. The reddish-brown pee stopped for a few months and then it started again. This time, we did the same tests, plus I asked the vet to do a bile acid test because I had read online that yorkies can get liver shunts. I had the bile acid test done on him just because I wanted to rule out any thoughts that I had in my mind about him possibly having a shunt and guess what??? His liver enzyme tests came back at over 300 (normal is below 25). My poor baby has been through so much, I don't want to scare you but just know that it is very important to know that it's a possibility regardless of what the vet says. Get him bile acid tested...it's only like $50 extra.
Yorkieluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!