Thread: Potty Help !
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 08:57 AM   #10
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget01
I have trained mine to use a pee pad since she was about 8 weeks old and she will pee outside if we are out there playing. Although she still has accidents. Now I have to keep the pads in the same place so she know everytime where to go, she will get confused if they are moved. Everytime I would see her start to go I would tell her no! and put her on the pad. The only problem I have is she will not poop on them unless by accident. She loves to hide and poop. I have tried to train the same way as I trained her to pee but she will hold it in until she can sneak past me and hide. Any suggestions?

PS. She will pee in her crate on the pee pad but will not poop. She will hold her poop until she is let out of the crate. Of course now she very seldom gets in her crate, she sleeps with us and has run of the living room & kitchen until we get home. My husband who hates inside dogs, actually likes this one maybe because we have had her from a puppy and he gets to help in the training department. So he thinks leaving her cooped up all day in a crate is horrible, so he lets her run in the house. Wish he would have been that way with my other Yorkie-Gidget, who I still me dearly.
You're putting pads IN the crate? That kind of defeats the purpose of crate training, and it's probably why she's doing this.

It sounds like you need a trainer or behaviorist. If she is hiding from you to go she has some issues beyond not being able to hold it or not knowing where the toilet is. Have you ever scolded her for going in the wrong place? She might be afraid of your reaction? You would do yourself a favor, in any case, by contacting a good positive trainer.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!