View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 08:06 AM   #5
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK
WHAT? They told you that you were lazy. Obviously these people are clueless as to the merits of pee pads.
Yes but when I've explained housetraining, I've gotten responses like - "I have to WAKE UP in the middle of the night and take my dog out?" and "What if it's raining?" Is this just a small dog thing? People who get Labs just assume they are going to be outside trained. Are Yorkies different because the messes are smaller? Or because you have to let them out more often until they are full grown? Or am I missing something?

The problem is that when you teach your dog it's good to go on pads, in the house, you are teaching them that it's OK to go in the house. The inside/outside distinction is easier for them. I know people have all sorts of reasons they like their pads and that's fine as long as it works for them. I personally feel it's a compromise, not an ideal solution. JMO. Most people on here seem to disagree with me.

autism mommy I am NOT picking on you or anyone. You are just trying to get information. I just think I am just seeing a pattern here (on YT) and I'm wondering why. Why don't you explain a little more what your situation is, your needs, your expectations, etc for housetraining. That will help us respond is a more specific way.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!