View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 07:25 AM   #2
YorkieGuru
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I have crate trained all my dogs and they seem to do just fine. I just brought home a new puppy as well and am trying to train her as well. I only leave her in her crate when I am gone or at night. If I have things to do around the house I leave a gate up in the kitchen.
Usually after my dogs eat they have to go outside to poo poo. You will have accidents while they are small, so dont fret. It took my last yorkie a while to get it, but now he has no accidents unless I'm careless on my part.
I personaly dont leave food in their crates, I have them eat before being put in there. I take away the water 2 hours before being put to bed as well.
I come home at lunch and let them out as well, so that helps alot.
They also have dividers you can set up in their crates to make it smaller. As they say a dog wont lay where they potty, even though mine did as pups cause they just cant seem to hold it that long. I just lay newspaper inside and clean it up everytime. My lil one is getting it, it just takes time. I had no problems with my other dogs, and I'm sure I'll get past this with her as well.
So I'm sure yours will too. Just stick with it and praise the heck out of em. Your dog will learn to love and feel safe in their crate. (just like you said) So I wish you luck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!