View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 06:47 PM   #10
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv
This is a wonderful idea!! Obviously i'm new to this all but at what age can i start this bell trick? How big do you get the bells how many etc
You can go to the following site. They sell them or you can look at theirs and make your own. Anyway, there's a video on their site you can watch.

http://www.poochie-pets.net/

I train mine to ring the bells. I love them, because I can hear them all over the house! I started Kacee when she was about three months old, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I just started taking her to the door and I'd hold her little front paws in my hands and ring the bells and ask her if she wanted to go potty and out we'd go. She, of course, went through a phase of ringing them all of the time, but that is just what they do because they are just like kids, but this phase will pass. She walks up to the bells and now rings them most of the time with her nose and will bark a little or make some sort of crying noise . She's been easy to housebreak. I've said it before, but she was mostly housebroken by four months of age and had just a few accidents after that time. She had two or three after she was spayed at six and a half months of age, but I figured that was from the surgery and there hasn't been any since then. I really love the bells, because it's hard to read silent messages when they come tell you sometimes!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!