Thread: help!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritkaa
What I am trying to do is get him to pee and poop only outside. I fully respect those of you who can stay home and let out the puppies every 1-2 hours or so, but I can't do that because I work and my puppy is home for about 5 hours a day. at 6:30 am I take him out, again at 8:30 and then as soon as I come home. He hasnt had an accident in a month so I think thats pretty good but i guess there is nothing i can do when it comes to him peeing because I cant just quit my job to follow him around all day and he can;t let himself out.. so i guess weewee pads will have to be dealt during the time I am not home. I hope his bladder gets stronger though... I dont want to use weewee pads forever. By the way I should note that recently he hasn't been peeing much during the time I am not home, although this morning after a long walk we come inside and an hour later he goes and pees on the pad!
My point is that this is normal for a 4 month old puppy. You said you were taking him out every 2-3 hours and asked if that was too often. No, it's not too often.

Just be careful with the pee pads. Once they learn it's OK to use them, it's not easy to just take them away. He might find another place to go. Maybe try crating him while you are gone and having someone let him out 1/2 way through? In another 1 or 2 months he will be able to hold it 5 hours in a crate.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!