View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #11
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidscrapbooker
If you ever do a google search on Puppy Mills, you will be overwhelmed with the photos and videos that are proof of these TERRIBLE places. I am so against purchasing from PET Stores. It's a horrible lifestyle that stays rampant by the purchase of the cute puppy in the petshop window.

I went to the City Pound a year ago, and my two daughters helped pick out what dog they could save from there. We love our Scooby. He was such a matted mess of fur, well what you'd call fur anyways. His mental state was shaky for a few weeks. But the love he has returned is amazing, and he's a beautiful black cockapoo now.
Thanks for posting the link. Spread the news about Puppy Mills.
That's just fantastic AND you taught your kids about Pet Stores in the process...way to Go and you should share your Cockapoo in the Brother and Sisters of our Yorkies Section -

I have a black Cocker Tessa - she is a dream girl ...little did I know 11 years ago that we actually bought her in a small scale Mill. I was SO ignorant....the day we got her ....I remember being so upset at the smell and all those poor dogs barking - now I know what it was. When they told us she had such a bad underbite she probably would never be sold - She was mine on the spot - (the vet said....they would have put her down )...she's been a great girl - but I had to hand feed her every day when she was a puppy and still do now.... because she is just plain spoiled
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!